- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your goals and values
- Developing skills for improving your relationships
- Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek therapy
- Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
- Managing anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
- Improving communications and listening skills
- Changing old behavior patterns and developing new ones
- Discovering new ways to solve problems in your family or marriage
- Improving your self-esteem and boosting self-confidence
*What about medication vs. psychotherapy?
It is well established that the long-term solution to mental and emotional problems and the pain they cause cannot be solved solely by medication. Instead of just treating the symptom, therapy addresses the cause of our distress and the behavior patterns that curb our progress. You can best achieve sustainable growth and a greater sense of well-being with an integrative approach to wellness. Working with your medical doctor you can determine what's best for you, and in some cases a combination of medication and therapy is the right course of action.
To determine if you have mental health coverage through your insurance carrier, the first thing you should do is call them. Check your coverage carefully and make sure you understand their answers. Some helpful questions you can ask them:
- What are my mental health benefits?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- How many therapy sessions does my plan cover?
- How much does my insurance pay for an out-of-network provider?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
* Suspected past or present abuse or neglect of children, adults, and elders to the authorities, including Child Protection and law enforcement, based on information provided by the client or collateral sources.
*How does your Intake process work?
At Simply Thrive Psychotherapy we want to make sure that our clients are paired with the best possible match. By calling (360) 878-9526 or visiting our request service page, we will send you some forms via email. Once these Forms are filled out and returned to us, our intake specialist will review your file, and contact you with the best matches for your needs in 3-5 business days (Monday-Thursday). We are a private practice that may decline services at any time, and submission of information does not guarantee service.
*How do I communicate my cancellation?
Need to cancel your appointment at Simply Thrive?
Remember, we have a 24 Business Hour cancellation policy, this means that if you have an appointment on Monday at 11am, you need to cancel your appointment by 11am on Friday.
The best way to call the clinic at 360-878-9526 and either talk to the front desk staff or leave a voicemail. When leaving a voicemail, please leave your name and the day and time of your message. We use this also with our call logs to determine if the cancellation was made prior to 24 hours of the scheduled appointment.
*the front desk staff will return your call and let you know that they received your cancellation notice.
The other way would be to email the clinic at: [email protected] to alert the front desk staff of your need to cancel your appointment.
*you will receive a confirmation email regarding your cancelation of your appointment.
What if I need to cancel my appointment over the weekend?
You can call in and leave a voicemail or send an email to cancel your appointment, however, if your appointment was scheduled for Monday, you will be charged a Late Cancellation Fee. This Fee is 50.00 for Master Level Clinicians and 75.00 for Psychologists and ARNP’s.
If I am being charged a Late Cancellation Fee, why should I bother to call in to cancel?
Good question, if you fail to inform us that you are canceling your appointment, this fee turns into a No-Show Fee, which is 75.00 for Master Level Clinicians and 100.00 for Psychologists and ARNPS.
*What if I have an emergency and need to late cancel my appointment, will I still be charged a fee?
We understand that there can be emergencies that occur in life and under some circumstances we will waive a late cancel or no-show fee due to an emergency. Please note, that having to stay at work for a meeting, being stuck in traffic or being sick are not considered emergencies and will not result in a waiver of fees.